Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Trucking Along

Well, things are looking up. Todd is on the road again with a new trainer. He and Tony have been down to Texas and then on to Oklahoma with loads. Tony is having Todd do everything so he can learn, hurray!! The sooner he is trained the sooner I get to have a little time with him, I cannot wait!

The cat is having another finicky week. It is so frustrating to feed the cat foods she normally eats and she turns up her nose. The dogs love it though as they get to eat the castoffs in their food. Pitter is now 18. A conversion chart I found says that translates to 88, she is older than my grandparents. I guess she earned the right to be picky once in a while and demanding of attention. It has only been this year that I noticed a fairly large change in behavior and overall health. I think for a while she gave new appreciation for the word caterwaul. That cat can sing, loudly!!! She is pretty much back to just "talking" instead of "wailing" now. I know that she has little time left and I will miss her like crazy but I have so many good memories of this fur ball that I can only feel honored to have her choose me as her human. :-)

The dogs have been pretty good. They miss Todd and are wondering how long it will be before he returns. Poor Boo, I have not played with his squeeky in a while so last night he brought it out to me. His head was kind of down and at an angle like "please mom, I am so cute, won't you play with me". Boy did I feel guilty for not having taken the time sooner. Festus is guarding me as I write this post. He came in the bedroom and laid down between me and the door. He is a good boy and keeps guard. Dolly has been on my lap a lot this week. She is such a daddy's girl and this separation is just breaking her little heart. Georgie Girl has been crying a bit this week. I have been keeping up on her ear so I don't know if she misses her dad or it is still bothering her. She cries for no apparant reason and when I go to her she just flips over so I can rub her belly. I must say that for one person to give 5 social animals enough attention is sometimes a lot, but they give so much love in return who could be sorry for the time it takes.

Todd's friend JR is on the mend and his wife Sandy as well. They have had a rough year health wise but are trying to stay upbeat. They have been just so great to us during our trials and tribulations. Well, they are just a blessing. Thank God for people like them and if you would say a prayer for their health to improve and for them to feel as good as possible.

That is about it for now. Take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment