Well, I am doing some research on college today. I had gotten a letter from the State of MI to give to a college of my choice as they would be able to adjust something to do with eligibility to get a Pell Grant. It does not guarentee you will get one but it may allow you to get one. I do not qualify without the adjustment so what the heck. I have a call in to the financial office....wonder how long before they get back to me.
The discoveries we sometimes don't want to make.
I decided to look up advising and counseling information and was having a difficult time finding a contact number. They have some tests you can take to see what, according to information you submit, seems to be an area you would want to focus on for a career. I took some of these 24 years ago, my how the time flies, but figure I could set up an appointment to take them again. I may have changed a little in... those few years. I stumbled on a contact number and Email but not before I saw where they had posted answers to previously asked questions. A young woman had asked how she could get enrolled in their radiography program (she had completed her pre-requisites) and the procedure was explained as well as the comment that the waiting list was 4-5 years to get into the program. Now I realize that many of these people will find a program at another college or univeristy or will change majors but boy that was a jolt of reality. Reality can really bite. It is no wonder we sometimes want to ignore it!!
I guess I will just make an appointment take a few tests see where my talents and interests lie. I will look up the job list from MI Works again to see about programs they will pay for and see if something else floats my boat and go from there. Still waiting for a call back from financial department, maybe she is on lunch.
Anyone got those winning lotto numbers today??
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment