Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Georgie post op




Georgie Girl came home today.

This morning first we had the power go out around 10 to 7am. We were hoping it would come on but around 10 to 10am Todd gave up and went out to disconnect the garage door from the opener so we could get out. The minute he had the arm detached, the power came on. I went to tell him and he was on the ladder having just completed the dismantle. He said a couple of bad words. Did I mention the animal clinic closes at noon on Wednesday and is about 40 minutes away on a good weather day. Well, anyway, we set out to brave the elements.

What a trip we had to get her. As we are right by the bay, it was warm (relatively speaking) and just raining but inland they got some snow and some rain (of course the clinic is inland). We drove through eight miles of slush that required 20mph or slower in 4 wheel drive, yuck. Thankfully the temperature and the ice melt worked in conjunction so that by the time we headed back toward home that eight miles at least had two tracks where you could see the pavement. US 23 was totally clear by then, amazing what 20 minutes will do. There was only one worker able to make it to the Animal Clinic today it was so bad there.

Georgie is glad to be home but pretty sore. She has this awful track 0f stitches running up her leg, I will try to get a picture posted later. I just feel so bad for the sweety. She has been pretty tired. Todd had to help her stand to go potty. We have those handy halters for the dog and he just kept the leash taut to help her get around. I know the surgery will help in the long run but right now I just feel so bad for putting her through all this. Heck, I feel bad we have to go through this. It will be 10 to 14 days until we get the stitches out. I pray she does not start trying to pull on the stitches, life will become miserable if she does.

I still have not decorated for Christmas. Usually I would have had that stuff up the day after Thanksgiving. I feel like a Bah Humbug without the decorations. I guess Todd will be heading for the Attic soon. :-)

Well, Take Care Y'all, TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment