
How is it that animals become so much a part of the family?
Our Georgie beagle is the sweetest little girl, she snorts and snuffles and loves everyone. She has been the best little mama, so good with her pups and she still takes care of Dolly. She thinks kids are just the greatest thing since sliced bread. She is for the most part sweet, patient, and unassuming.
Now why am I going on and on about the cutest little tri-color beagle we have??? She is having surgery today. She tore her ligament in her knee. She snuggled up to me in the truck on the ride to the vets office, she loves car rides but was pretty loud about not wanting to go to the vets office. I go to check her in and find that our vet is not doing the surgery but a substitute from Alpena. Now I knew that Kathy Jo was busy and it took a month to get Georgie in but no one mentioned someone else doing the surgery. He (the vet that is there today) has been a vet for 35 years and done hundreds of these operations but somehow that is little comfort when you trust your vet and don't know this fellow. Todd says we trust Kathy Jo and she trusts him so it will be fine. I am sure it will but I still am not pleased that I was not told someone else would be doing the operation. I mean it is like when you go to the doctor and have to see someone else. It is heck finding someone you are comfortable with and then bam you have to trust someone else. And of course we had melt and freeze of snow yesterday so the roads had some black ice so I was already tense.
In the past 15months we seem to have had one thing after another go awry, I am so ready for good things to happen, well I just can't tell you..... Pray for our Georgie Girl and for us to have good news. Okay it is good news that Presley is happy, healthy, and here and that our families are all healthy and fine. I have a home, heat, and food and that is something to be very thankful and I am.
I hope you all are happy and healthy. I look forward to the holidays and a bright new year. Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
The picture shows Festus, Georgie Girl, and Boo on the back porch. Dolly not pictured is not happy that we did not bring her momma home with us this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment