Friday, August 27, 2010

Summer is almost Gone

How can it be the end of August already?  How is that even possible? 

This month totally flew by, of course I did spend a week doing some census stuff.  It was the last (possibly) round and we had to contact people five times, unless you could tell it was vacant then you could find a neighbor.  I was like a legal stalker, we only had six days to make six contacts, every day I was at the houses that seemed occupied to leave a notice of visit.  I was fortunate the first day I was able to get a third of the cases finished and another third the next but after that it was slow going.  I mean when the animals and children in an area recognize you from your daily visits it is pretty sad.  It was also during the heat and humidity, I came home daily soaked in sweat.

We are going to the truck and tractor pulls tonight.  What a country girl thing to do, but my husband is excited.  I will hopefully have video to share.  I think my nephews would get a kick out of them.  The younger ones wouldn't want to sit through the whole thing, heck the teenagers would probably get antsy to but it is pretty cool to watch the tractor coming down the line, smoke pouring out the stack.  It is just so time consuming when they have to prepare the track for the next pull.  Okay I get a little antsy and Todd last time, I thought I would need a muzzle.  Yet we are going again.  What a nice wife I am.  ;-)

I am excited because my brother is almost finished getting his new home in shape to allow them to move into the house.  He managed to stop by this week for a short visit when he was making deliveries.  He is one pooped pup.  He works full time, then works on the house, and gets any repairs or apartments ready in the complex where they live.  Talk about burning the candles at both ends.  He won't know how to act with only one job and a finished home.  Well, he will still have a few projects to do but maybe he can take a little time to enjoy his family as well.

Todd's brother and his family are moving back from Arizona.  They will be renting next to his sister.  They are going to have a time keeping those teenage boys of theirs in line with them living next door to one another. 

Well, I have things to do and places to go. 
Have a Great Day Y'All.

1 comment: